Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome, User! Tell us about you
Exclamation 
Hello, 

because there is a spam-user wave hitting the server daily, new users are not allowed to post new threads until I consider them real and serious. But you are allowed to respond to a thread. 
Please use this thread to tell us who you are and why you are interested to join the forum. 

Cheers,
Kai
Hi Kai and Nicole,

Been following Nicole's work for a few years. Think I initially started falling down the rabbit hole due to some talks by Vinay Gupta, and then I read David Fleming's Lean Logic from which there was no coming back. Nicole's articles in the 2017 TAE primer helped give me a grounding to get a better understanding of the financial system. In a previous life, I was an engineer. Currently working in the smart contracts space because it has some potential to disrupt the ground rules for capitalism. I also follow the energy world closely due to how inter-related it is with the continuation of growth.

Great to see that Nicole has created this site and forum. It feels... timely. Guess I've joined because I think that the dissemination of this type of knowledge, moving the Overton Window of Acceptable Discourse, etc, can start to have an effect on conversations and (eventually) society.

Cheers,
Dizzily
Hello Dizzily,

Welcome! You are the first registered user so far Smile

Cheers Kai
that is a good idea
Hello Nicole,  I have been aware of both you and Aaron Wissner for quite a while.  I have my own website: https://chasingthesquirrel.com/.

I have been involved in peak oil for twenty years now.  Prior to that I thought the big brains of the world were fixing our big problems and I was just a average guy.  Then I found out America did not have a plan and was stumbling into a blind future.  When I found out I might actually have, in a relative sense, a big brain myself I knew we were in serious trouble.

Currently grounded by COVID in Seattle I follow Extinction Rebellion and bide my time hoping to help expand the movement into America.

I have been enjoying your commentary at Local future and find you very perceptive.  I did not know you had this website until today.
Hi Nicole, Thanks to you and Aaron we are debt free on a small farm with 400 apple trees in a blue state. We have a solar collector on our barn and a small greenhouse too.  The Local Future streaming videos changed our lives for the better. Thanks!
Hello All, 

It looks like the forum is about to be activated, now that the news cycle has calmed down a bit. Welcome to anyone who cares to join.

Cheers,

Nicole

(02.05.2021, 16:56)MagicBoy Wrote: Hi Nicole, Thanks to you and Aaron we are debt free on a small farm with 400 apple trees in a blue state. We have a solar collector on our barn and a small greenhouse too.  The Local Future streaming videos changed our lives for the better. Thanks!

You’re welcome Smile I hope to do more videos soon.

(16.12.2020, 14:09)K-Dog Wrote: Hello Nicole,  I have been aware of both you and Aaron Wissner for quite a while.  I have my own website: https://chasingthesquirrel.com/.

I have been involved in peak oil for twenty years now.  Prior to that I thought the big brains of the world were fixing our big problems and I was just a average guy.  Then I found out America did not have a plan and was stumbling into a blind future.  When I found out I might actually have, in a relative sense, a big brain myself I knew we were in serious trouble.

Currently grounded by COVID in Seattle I follow Extinction Rebellion and bide my time hoping to help expand the movement into America.

I have been enjoying your commentary at Local future and find you very perceptive.  I did not know you had this website until today.

I have a few ideas for more videos with several different people. I’m glad people enjoyed the existing ones.

(10.06.2020, 03:02)Dizzily Wrote: Hi Kai and Nicole,

Been following Nicole's work for a few years. Think I initially started falling down the rabbit hole due to some talks by Vinay Gupta, and then I read David Fleming's Lean Logic from which there was no coming back. Nicole's articles in the 2017 TAE primer helped give me a grounding to get a better understanding of the financial system. In a previous life, I was an engineer. Currently working in the smart contracts space because it has some potential to disrupt the ground rules for capitalism. I also follow the energy world closely due to how inter-related it is with the continuation of growth.

Great to see that Nicole has created this site and forum. It feels... timely. Guess I've joined because I think that the dissemination of this type of knowledge, moving the Overton Window of Acceptable Discourse, etc, can start to have an effect on conversations and (eventually) society.

Cheers,
Dizzily
I hope to have better discourse here than is possible on social media, where controversial topics get you banned. There are so many essential topics to cover.
Hello, nice to meet you all.

Like many others here I have been voraciously consuming all of Nicole's writings as well as her talks on youtube. The Local Future series with Aaron and the Happen Films video were outstanding!

I've followed some other great thinkers on specific topics like Chris Martenson on covid, Steve Keen/Michael Hudson on economics, Paul Beckwith (and his trusty sidekick Shackleton the explorer) on climate change, Gail Tverberg on energy etc... but Nicole is the big picture person, she analyzes the many subsystems and integrates them, connecting the dots so we have something to map through. She is just an absolutely invaluable resource during the challenging times ahead.

Thanks so much Nicole for sharing your knowledge and insights!
Make a post to prove I am real. Well OK then.

If you are into doom check this out.

https://globalcollapse.createaforum.com/index.php
(21.10.2021, 20:36)K-Dog Wrote: Make a post to prove I am real.  Well OK then.

If you are into doom check this out.

https://globalcollapse.createaforum.com/index.php

Funny that you got this message - I selected users with 0 posts as receivers - maybe it counts only original posts, not only responses to posts. MyBB comes with quirks...